Tuesday, October 26, 2004

Yellow Three

Aloha! It's been a rainy and cloudy day today. Cloudy today, rainy
now. I'm listening to Crash Test Dummies right now, I like em.
Definitely old school. Definitely a distinct sound. Definitely 7th
grade.

I have eaten lots of carrots today. I ate two before dinner, there
was one carrot ground up in the meatloaf and then we had carrot cake.
I looked in the mirror, and to my shock, my lips were completely
orange. I remember watching The Magic School Bus, the episode where
Arnold kept eating carrots and he turned orange. I was really
thinking that was just a hokey myth or maybe cartoon cleverness. But
then I asked my sister about it today because she knows a lot, and she
said that babies turn orange too, if you feed them lots of carrot baby
food. I think I might be able to have a brilliant idea for
Halloween... I could be Agent Orange. Or maybe a BSU fan... Ewww!
Maybe I could be a traffic cone. Or one of those new orange flavored
Slurpees at 7-11.

Today is Mule Day and Make A Difference Day. Tomorrow is Navy Day. Go Navy!

Some words that begin with "O":

obdormition- numbness caused by pressure on a nerve, as when your foot is asleep
obscurantism- opposition to the spread of knowledge; deliberate
vagueness or abstruseness
octarine- the color of magic
omninescience- ignorance of everything, universal ignorance
omphaloskepsis- the contemplation of one's own navel to induce a mental trance
ozostomia- foulness of breath

I hope you like them. I hand picked them all, and refrained from
inventing any myself. If I invented a word, would you notice?

Well, I just spent like an hour not writing this email. I was looking
up other stuff, and none of it is really very interesting. I have
also been watching anti-Bush and anti-Kerry videos. Most are mildly
amusing, some are just stupid. It's a good thing the election will be
over with in only one more week. I'm sick of it already.

I think it's about time I got to bed. It's already 9:30. I think I'm
getting sick, I could feel that throat tickle this afternoon, and my
nose was also causing mild grief. I think I sneezed twice, which was
about eighty times fewer than I felt like I needed to. I kept having
those awful false alarm sneezes where you have to stop what you're
doing because your eyes are watering and you can't breathe and you
feel like your eyes will come out if you sneeze. Maybe that's why I
didn't. Gotta protect my eyes. They are one of my favorite sensory
organs, you know.

I'll try to get my new blog site set up. I will have my family post
all the letters I write home on the new site, so that when you don't
get a daily email, you can still feel like I'm thinking of you, and I
will be. I'm leaving in 21 more days, so you'll get at least a few
more emails, but after that, you'll have to check my site on your own.
There's nothing on it yet, but the site (in case you want to bookmark
it in advance) is http://briansmission.blogspot.com I might also
throw in a few other related things, I'll put my addresses on there,
and maybe a copy of my talk or whatever I feel like. Well, I'm going
to bed now, see you all later!

Brian

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home