Wednesday, November 10, 2004

Made in Slovakia

My dad gave me a hockey puck this morning. It says, "Official. Made in Slovakia". My question was this: Are all official ECHL pucks made in Slovakia? (Yes, they are.) I looked it up. Check out what I found in my search. HA!

"Slovakia, as everyone knows, is an Eastern European country once
belonging to Canada which has had some pretty awesome hockey teams. So
our 'neighbors to the north' occupied this once free and peaceful
nation and forced the Slovaks to fashion pucks for them."
My next question is how on earth did Canada get possession of Slovakia??

Canada was discovered after the middle ages were over. Slovakia has been around since before anyone has kept records. They possibly predate the Greeks... In the 1200s AD (long before Canada), the Ottoman Turks held Slovakia, after breaking away from the Ottomans (in 1768, while Canada is still heavily under British rule), the Slovaks in turn allied with the Hungarians, Austrians, and Czechs. Czechoslovakia was formed in 1918 and stuck around January 1, 1993.
If Canada stepped into the eastern europe scene since 1993 and controlled Slovakia, then I haven't heard of it and I congratulate this random idiot blogger for knowing more than the rest of the world. Please don't be idiots when you publish things.

My brother just showed me another prime example of an idiot publishing his thoughts on
the internet. Look at these sites and whoever can find 100 logical fallacies first wins! http://www.viewzone.com/philadelphia.html, and http://www.rense.com/

My word... I think I need to go fill my mind with REAL knowledge now. This morning's research was definitely... nutso. I think maybe tortillas will help too. Mmmm, with cheese.

Ok, enough about crazies, let's talk about sports. I hear BYU's football team won last Saturday. I also hear that BSU is still doing awesome. Go Blue! Both of them. The Idaho Steelheads (unfortunately the closest team Idaho has ever had to the NHL) has a record of 5-2-0. I'm going to see them play the Everblades this Friday. It's going to be fun. I haven't seen a hockey game since I left Provo... Good times, good times. I miss hockey. I miss Canada.

Well, it's definitely lunchtime, then I have some other things to do that will take most of the day. Please write to me if you have any questions, or if you feel like writing to me. Goodbye.

Brian

2 Comments:

At March 22, 2006 at 4:24 AM, Blogger Vincent Vargas said...

Hi Brian,

Your blog is very interesting and informative. Take a look at my blog: http://wagneroperas.blogspot.com/ and let me know what you think. It is related to my page about composer Richard Wagner (www.wagneroperas.com)

Take care,
Vincent

 
At March 22, 2006 at 4:26 AM, Blogger Vincent Vargas said...

Hi again Brian,

By the way, I forgot to tell you, I also run a website about the film CASABLANCA. here it is:

www.vincasa.com

Cheers,
Vincent

 

Post a Comment

<< Home